• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Latest acquisition, clock 344

Ingulphus

May 29, 2006
Oakland, CA
Country
Region
Les -

Beautiful, although I'm not in the least bit envious, really... :whistle:

Best regards, and congratulations!

Mark

lesbradley

NAWCC Member
Dec 20, 2007
Fairford, England
Visit site
Country
Region
Thank you Mark. First one on the market in the UK since 2010, only seen two others for sale before that. Paid three times more than I have ever paid for a clock before, but I think it's worth it. Retirement present to myself.

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Light has improved, pictures as promised. Is this in John's database or a new one for him?
Les, thanks for posting! It's a new one for the database, and evidently in exceptionally good cosmetic condition. Some of this model have the gilding rather badly worn or tarnished but yours appears to only need a bit of dusting now and then.

This is the thirteenth one of this model in the data, relatively hard to find as you indicated from sales in the U.K. The serial number shows it was made about April-May in 1910. It's good to see a matching serial number pendulum and one that has the décor pattern around the perimeter of the disc. As best I can tell the décor is the same as illustrated on pendulum No. 15 in the Grivolas 1910 400-Day catalog page 58. The dial is one of the most impressive designs offered by Grivolas, not many have been seen. I notice the lower suspension block is a Grivolas original, it's likely from that the fork and upper block are also by Grivolas.

Congratulations, a very nice original No. 344 Grivolas!

Last edited by a moderator:

lesbradley

NAWCC Member
Dec 20, 2007
Fairford, England
Visit site
Country
Region
Thank you John. Out of the previous three I have seen its by far the best cosmetically. Must have had a very sheltered life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickri
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How To Open A Pocket Watch Case by Kent