LARC Book Auction on eBay

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by FDelGreco, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There are almost 100 lots of books on eBay being sold by the NAWCC Library and Research Center. They have been on eBay for four days, and the lots will end around 11PM tonight. MOST HAVE ZERO BIDS! I can't believe that no one is bidding. I've already bought some. I think HQ did a poor job of advertising this auction and as a result, unless you bid, most won't be sold. All money goes to support the library.

Frank

2. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Perhaps they are asking too much for the books considering the facts that the population of the organization and clock repairers/collectors may be shrinking as well. As they shrink their books are becoming available at much lower prices than they have been in the past.

3. Jim_Miller

Jim_Miller Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Male
    Retired
    Jackson, Michigan
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Frank, Can't view their auction if you can't find them on e-bay

4. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jim: Had you clicked on their ad on the NAWCC home page, it would have gotten you there. The auction is over. A lot of books didn't sell -- perhaps because people had the same problem you had. I suspect there will be another auction soon.

Frank

5. Jim_Miller

Jim_Miller Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Male
    Retired
    Jackson, Michigan
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Frank, I never noticed the banner. I suppose I'll have to be more attentive, but as Dick C. Stated, "membership numbers are shrinking" and I don't think that a lot of folks aren't looking to increase their own personel libraries. Just my own opinions.
    Jim

6. scottmiami

scottmiami Registered User

May 14, 2014
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I didn't see the banner either, but did win an auction (I was the only bidder) from this thanks to Frank bringing it up. Thanks Frank!

Took a little bit to find the auctions, didn't know what the seller name was. If anyone else is looking, or wants to follow on ebay, the nawcc's seller name is nawcc.org

Scott