L&R Master Wiring

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region
I'm wondering if someone might be able to offer an image or sketch of the wiring of an L&R master machine. I started to replace the heater coil and things got a little mixed up. I hate most everything about electrical re-wiring, short of changing a light bulb. So please be kind. Thanks, Dave

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region
I'm wondering if someone might be able to offer an image or sketch of the wiring of an L&R master machine. I started to replace the heater coil and things got a little mixed up. I hate most everything about electrical re-wiring, short of changing a light bulb. So please be kind. Thanks, Dave

N

newcat

Traditionally, L & R will not give out any info on equipment in production but will give information about things that are out of production. You should give them a call and maybe you will get lucky.

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region
Just gave L & R a call and within a few minutes I have a wiring plan. If anyone is interested, please feel free to email me and I'll shoot a copy to you or call the company directly. They were very helpful!
Thanks,
Dave

Luca

Jan 19, 2004
Dave,
I wouldn't mind a copy of the wiring plan. I have an L&R Master that the rheostat has gone out on and need to fix.

Luca

A

AL THOMPSON

WOW! This got to be bigger than either of us imagined, I think. I too, would appreciate a copy and will reimburse if you like.
Thank you so very much.
AL THOMPSON

athompson4@satx.rr.com

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region
Well I spoke with a tech today from L&R and he kind of went beyond his responsibilities to talk with me about the wiring specifics. Needless, I asked if he would contribute to the board and he said he's been told not to. As the machines are obsolete, the company doesn't want to support them in regards to serrvice, repair or parts.

What I did find out was that there are a number of machines that have Hamilton Beach motors that require a resistor 5 watt and 57 ohms.

I also discovered that the light bulb for the heater "on off" is easily replaced with a Radio Shack $3 neon bulb and fitting.

Also, there is supposed to be a "break" in the rheostat at the end of the run. This is so that the motor comes to a complete stop.

Well, that's about all the electronics I can take for one week. I have the machine up and running and I'm crossing my fingers.

leghorn

NAWCC Member
May 3, 2003
Philadelphia
Country
Region
Hi Dave
Thanks for the latest information on the L.R. machine. I have also sent a email request for the wiring diagram.

leghorn

RFC

Jan 10, 2016
Country
Re: L&R Master Wiring

Hello, Is it still possible to get a copy of this wiring diagram? I have a old L&R Master that has the bulb in series with the heater. I think that is wrong.
Thanks
Russ
russhome@Verizon.net

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region

I recently had an issue with an old L & R cleaning machine. The ceramic on the rheostat broke, and there were other problems, as well. As it turned out, a friend bought a bunch of retired watchmaker "left-overs" which included quite a few NOS parts for these machines. Including a NOS rheostat! I asked another friend who is what I would classify as an electronics genius if he would undertake the re-wiring, and installation of the rheostat. He did all that, and a bunch of other stuff. His wife gave him particular what for (otherwise known as capital H) when she came home from shopping to find the stripped cleaner housing in her dishwasher! That's the kind of friend you need in a time of need!

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country

This might also help.... Dave Berghold made it available sometime in the past.

E_1690_Master_W_C_M.jpg

Ralph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silverstreak
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff