L A Favre Brandt Pocket Watch Info Needed

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Gmello1234523, Jun 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gmello1234523

Gmello1234523 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 14, 2016
    Country Flag:
    #1 Gmello1234523, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
    I have recently come upon a key wind pocket watch. I can't seem to find much of any information regardless no this watch. There is no maker marking on the mechanism. The case is engraved with what appears to be L A Favre Brandt, Locle. The case is numbered 2135 at various locations. Case is stamped and 18 karat gold. Hallmarked with a FN with what looks to be a crown above the letters. Engraved inside the lid it is labeled Independent Timer. The mechanism has three key wind sites, two with the same key size and the third with a much smaller key size. Any info anyone may have regarding this watch would be much appreciated. I will attempt to attach a number of photos of the watch. Thanks.

2. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    If you look for Favre Brandt in the search box on this site you will find some information. If you Google Favre Brndt you will find a lot more but mostly in German. F-B was an interesting person with diplomatic links to Swiss-Japanese trade.

The L A is not his initials, I believe it to be abbreviation of L'Atelier ('establishment [of]'.

Hope this helps.

JTD

3. Gmello1234523

Gmello1234523 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 14, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info JTD. I'll continue to see what I can research regarding this man. I appreciate your reply and any info that I can get is helpful.
    gmello

4. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Favre Brandt watches I have seen are all very high quality. I have seen several very similar examples but this is the first I have seen with covered main spring barrels. I suspect they were all made by the same maker since I have seen the same movement under several different names with vary degrees of eye candy but essentially identical in the essential parts. This s a very good example.