Kundo suspension spring

R

rfiam

I need to order a torsion spring for a kundo anniversary style clock circa 1975 +/-. In the LaRose catalog, they are ID'd by model #, but I don ot see a model # on the movement. The movement reads: Cuckco clock mfg. Co., West Germany, No (0) Jewels. The clock is the smaller size the spring appears to be only about 4-5". The clock is slightly unusual in that instead of the usual 2 posts holding up the movement from the base, there are four brass rods holding up the move ment. They are bent into a "u" shape and set sidewauys so that the pendulmn rotates within the 4 almost as if within a basket.---This style is what makes me think the piece is circa 1970. If anybody can help with IDing what spring to order, I'd greatly appreciate it. This is one of those deals where a relative asked me to fix the clock and I'd like to get it over with as soon as possible so I can get back to my own clocks.

Thanks,

Bob McHenry NAWCC 141041

------------------

R

rfiam

I need to order a torsion spring for a kundo anniversary style clock circa 1975 +/-. In the LaRose catalog, they are ID'd by model #, but I don ot see a model # on the movement. The movement reads: Cuckco clock mfg. Co., West Germany, No (0) Jewels. The clock is the smaller size the spring appears to be only about 4-5". The clock is slightly unusual in that instead of the usual 2 posts holding up the movement from the base, there are four brass rods holding up the move ment. They are bent into a "u" shape and set sidewauys so that the pendulmn rotates within the 4 almost as if within a basket.---This style is what makes me think the piece is circa 1970. If anybody can help with IDing what spring to order, I'd greatly appreciate it. This is one of those deals where a relative asked me to fix the clock and I'd like to get it over with as soon as possible so I can get back to my own clocks.

Thanks,

Bob McHenry NAWCC 141041

------------------

Andy Krietzer

Feb 21, 2001
Country
Region
The model numbers are listed in the Horolovar guide for 400 day clocks. If you don't have the book, you could call the Horolovar Co. to find out the number and order it direct from them, the supplier. That way you are guaranteed the correct fit. Best to have the book to make sure of the correct model, though.
Andy.

fixoclock

Aug 29, 2000
Country
Hi rfiam,
Your clock requires a 0.0023 inch ( thick ) Horolovar suspension spring..
Initially set up the suspension spring unit as per 5C, 5D or 5E on page 179 of the 10th edition of the Horolovar 400-day Clock Repair Guide. Make small adjustments as necessary for clearances etc.
Lindsay Bramall.

ps. Interested in 400-day clocks? Join Chapter 168 the 400-day clock Chapter. Contact John Hubby at:
PasTimes98@aol.net

[This message has been edited by fixoclock (edited 08-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fixoclock (edited 08-02-2001).]

R

rfiam

Thanks for your help. I borrowed the book from a friend and IDed the movement. The Horolovar book is a great resource. I now know I need to order the model 5E suspension assembly.

Thanks again to my associates at the NAWCC for helping out.

Sincerely,
Bob McHenry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Costin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre