Kundo quartz anniversary clock - need advice

digitalblsphemy

Dec 15, 2020
Country
Greetings all
I have an issue with a Kundo miniature quartz edition I hope you experts may offer some insight. I picked this up as a junker to play with. Took me forever to get the correct broken suspension spring and install it.
The clock runs but the impulse (peg) that drives the pendulum has no umpph to it. I installed the spring and positioned the arrow for lack of a better word, perpendicular to the clock which should be normal. The issue is the single peg (maybe 2) will not work in that position. I had to offset the "arrow" maybe 15 degrees off center in order to get any momentum out it. In the original position the impulse peg just clicks, skips and will not move the pendulum . By offsetting the arrow the wheel barely touches it but will push the arrow a little. I can't find anything wrong with the setup but still it will not impulse the spring.

20210726_165439.jpg 20210727_140702.jpg
20210727_140443.jpg

Any advice greatly appreciated...

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Those things are a pain. I think they are dependent on the right suspension spring thickness in order for the impulse to occur at the correct time.

digitalblsphemy

Dec 15, 2020
Country
Thanks shutterbug but that much I know....lol
I just found the "real" version of the exact same thing for a song. A Kundo 400 day anniversary,wind up, and of course the mechanical version etc.
They're almost identical in style except that wind up movement actually works flawlessly after a little effort.
It got me interested in the quartz version as far as trying to get it to rotate.
Frustrating, I hate when a clock says " I win!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Silver Kitty
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last book
400 day pendulums by happycusa