• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Kundo Midget

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
West Camel
Country
Region
A midget Kundo that I have just overhauled is running well, except even after the regulating nut has been turned to full slow (anti-clockwise adjustment),it is still gaining about 30 minutes in 12 hours. It is fitted with the 5F Horolovar s/s .022' as per the Guide. I suppose I will have to thin down the SS. I am wondering if this is normal. The pivots, holes etc are all shining, with the correct side movement etc.. I have adjusted the overswing and the clcok is in beat but is only giving 5 BPM. The clock runs perfect with no sticking when the anchor unit is removed and the clock wound 1/2 turn.

The following SHOUT is for help.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Celtic, what if you just went down the next thinner suspension spring? :thumb:

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
West Camel
Country
Region
I had a .018 which is the thinnest there is and I even thinneed it further and still very fast... no fluttering either

Andy

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
West Camel
Country
Region
By the way I even adjusted the pallets as the previous "person" had put them all cockeyed.

Andy

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
celticprince59 said:
A midget Kundo that I have just overhauled is running well, except even after the regulating nut has been turned to full slow (anti-clockwise adjustment),it is still gaining about 30 minutes in 12 hours. It is fitted with the 5F Horolovar s/s .022' as per the Guide. I suppose I will have to thin down the SS. I am wondering if this is normal. The pivots, holes etc are all shining, with the correct side movement etc.. I have adjusted the overswing and the clock is in beat but is only giving 5 BPM. The clock runs perfect with no sticking when the anchor unit is removed and the clock wound 1/2 turn.

The following SHOUT is for help.
I believe the adjustment to slow down your clock is clockwise :) If you have it maxed the other direction, that could certainly be your problem (but 30 minutes is a lot!)

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
West Camel
Country
Region
Hi S/B.

This is one of the Kundo's that are regulated anti-clockwise as the pendulum's 4 balls are fully extended at the moment. This is achieved by an anti-clockwise rotation of the knurled nut

Andy

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I am almost thinking the problem may be in the escapement, they are factory set and once moved, to get back to original position may be a long job?Is the half tun of the pendulum what this clock should have?

oldticker

Jan 15, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Country
Region
you have the right s/spring.

is it a bit short?

if its still gaining with the thinner spring the only thing it CAN be is tripping through the pallets intermittently.

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
West Camel
Country
Region
Hi Kevin and the rest. This one of mine only does 180deg and not a degree more...must be a trade unionist( tongue in cheek)...lol. As you mentioned it is a long and tedious job to set the pallets. Let us call it a labour of love.

Apologies to all trade unionists.

Andy

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
West Camel
Country
Region
Hi all,
Pallets reset and thinned the spring down a wee bit and it is now running smoothly....It was worth the effort: :eek: clap::clap:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracy K
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Steven Thornberry