• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Kundo Midget ?

Les Sanders

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2010
Sahuarita Arizona
Country
Region
I have this in my collection, I have a question as to a Dial Glass - plexiglass Anyone confirm for sure mine has no glass or plexiglass

MVC-001L.JPG MVC-002L.JPG MVC-003L.JPG MVC-004L.JPG

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
I have one. Light taps on the "glass" suggest mine is not glass, but maybe plexiglass.

Kurt

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
You'll need to be crafty to fit the glass in from the front. I can't tell, but it appears it might fit into a groove top/bottom. I looked closer at mine and the glass doesn't even fit all the way to the side of the case...maybe it's supposed to be that way. When I first got it, I thought I might take it apart to clean it. But I found it a puzzle and couldn't figure out how to get the movement out. Suggestion at the time was to avoid it if at all possible. I heeded that advice!

Kurt

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
I have two of these. Both plastic fronts. As were the others I've worked on. There are two very different versions of the case that I've seen and both are a real puzzle to dismantle with screws hidden between panels and such as Kurt said.

mjstewart

NAWCC Member
Feb 20, 2016
Country
I have this model that my father bought while stationed in Germany 1957 for my grandmother. The Plexiglas flexes and fits into grooves in the case. I found that a suction cup is useful for removing it once placed. The tolerances on suspension spring length are very tight. (of interest, I have a repairman's note from the past that states "not worth repairing" - wasn't a labor of love for him:))

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Good to know! :coolsign:

Kurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member