Kundo electronic

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by Harry Hopkins, Jun 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Harry Hopkins

Harry Hopkins Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Nov 16, 2011
    Retired Instrument Technician
    Mason, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sorry I do not have a better image but the two Kundo electronic clocks in the picture are not in my possession. The clock on the left does not have any leveling legs and there is no room for the battery beneath it (due to the fact there are no legs) and I am wanting to make some legs similar to original. The clock on the right which is much more common uses brass skirting under the base to hide the battery where as the one on the left has the curved base and no skirting. Does anyone know what the model on the left is called? Any info or pictures of a Kundo with the curved base would be helpful.

imagekundo.jpeg View attachment 481187

2. whatgoesaround

whatgoesaround Registered User

Jan 22, 2008
    Male
    science teacher
    south carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You would probably do better to place this in the electric horology forum. My guess is that either there is a missing base or the battery is placed behind the bar in the back as in many ATOs. Here is a picture of the same case with a anniversary clock, close up of the leg, including dust and dog hair.

IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2099.JPG

3. etmb61

etmb61 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Retired
    Mascoutah, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Harry,

Most of these were not named other than Kundo "Electronic" with a model number/style number. I believe the basic model number for an electronic is 131.

Other resellers like Seth Thomas gave their versions distinctive names.

The case on the left is the same as was used with the Kundo model 408 "Granada", but that's a 400 day clock.

Eric

4. Harry Hopkins

Harry Hopkins Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Nov 16, 2011
    Retired Instrument Technician
    Mason, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Whatgoesaround, Thanks for the pictures. It is not my clock but I believe the owner said the battery was underneath and without legs there was not enough room.

Thanks Eric for the names and model numbers.. In my search of images I did find several cases that were the same as this one but they were all 400 day as you say. Maybe this one is a bit rare.