Kundo Kundo Electro

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Richard H, Jan 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Registered User

Feb 21, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello All! My name is Richard and I am from NW Illinois. New member, first post. Hope this is the right section. I am not a beginner but definitely not an expert. Started 2 years ago with a 1000 day Schwartz found in a open barn. This disease has let to 17 more clocks, a beat amplifier, the Clock Master app for my IPhone, which has served me well. Anyway all my clocks look new and run well. My latest is a Kundo Electro and after hunting through the forum I need help.

Acquired not working, thought it was black until we cleaned it, had original battery and would not run. No transistors just a mechanical switch. The coil is good, the "contacts" were cleaned and straightened, and a new battery adapter from Holovar installed. Clock runs fine, just slow. With the pendulum weight screwed all the way to the top it still looses 6 minutes a day. Have adjusted the mechanical arm that rotates the gear so there is minimal drag. Front.JPG Back.JPG
    I have a closeup video of the action but I cannot seem to upload it.

Looking for ideas to precede. Thanks!

2. Richard H

Richard H Registered User

Feb 21, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    SOLVED: The original spring had 2 pins in it. The replacement has 1 pin and a rather large hole. The center distance between the two was .0027 different. Made a bushing to compensate for the difference and that raised the entire pendulum length, making it shorter. The bell weight is now about half way up and the clocks keeps time. The clock is running on 1 AA battery.

The clock is happy and so am I!

Kevin W. likes this.
  3. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    verry nice model,congrats,and good You resolved the issue of time keeping!
    Burkhard