• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Kundo dial assembly removal

Jeff C

NAWCC Business
May 26, 2005
Seven Fields, Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I was looking at one my Kundos and wondered how would you remove the dial assembly from the from the front movement plate? This is one of the post war units that have a stud of some type coming from the dial pan through the front plate then making a twist of some sort to lock it on. This is not one of the Kundos that use pins. Looks like you would twist this stud but knowing me I would snap it off or crack the dial.

Thanks for your advice,

Jeff C

NAWCC Business
May 26, 2005
Country
Region
I was looking at one my Kundos and wondered how would you remove the dial assembly from the from the front movement plate? This is one of the post war units that have a stud of some type coming from the dial pan through the front plate then making a twist of some sort to lock it on. This is not one of the Kundos that use pins. Looks like you would twist this stud but knowing me I would snap it off or crack the dial.

Thanks for your advice,

Bill_NY

May 23, 2005
Jeff,
I use needle nose pliers that I have ground the jaws smooth. You are correct. Twist the lug that protrudes through the plate until it lines up with the rectangular hole in the plate. It usually twists smooth and easy. Do all three lugs in this manner and the dial assembly will be released.

Bill

N

newcat

I use a small spanner as it decreases the chance of slipping and marring the finish of parts.

Joe Collins

Jan 3, 2004
Country
Region
I believe there are two different thoughts at work here. The way I read Jeff's post he is trying to seperate the dial assembly from the movement. As I read Bill's post it sounds like he is removing the bezel so the dial can be seperated from its backplate. Perhaps I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I have a Kundo quartz mini that has the dial attached via three keyholes. The dial can be removed by twisting to the left about 10 degrees or so. Of course the hands must be removed first.

Joe

Bill_NY

May 23, 2005
Joe and Jeff-
No. Sorry if my post confused but I think Jeff understood correctly. Joe-I am saying the same as you. Twist the three lugs so that they align with the plate key holes. The dial will then be free to remove.
Jeff-The lug is stiff but I have never broken one nor had to resort to penetrating oil. I would guess that you just neeed to apply a bit more force to twist.

NC-
I use a small spanner as it decreases the chance of slipping and marring the finish of parts
Good suggestion! Thanks.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG D

Mar 2, 2004
Memphis Area, TN, USA
Country
Region
Jeff,
Good question! I too was looking at one of these just yesterday and wondered the same thing.

SO.... to make things real clear.....
I should twist each stud until the blocks line up with the rectangular hole in the plate then pull the face off. (after removing the hands of course.)

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Here's a FYI on the needle nose pliers. I found a nice set that is smooth (not serrated) at Sears. Go figure.

Jeff C

NAWCC Business
May 26, 2005
Country
Region
Well it worked out fine. I turned them clockwise and with a little effort they turned. I do have a flat nose pair of pliers to do this but I had to remove the back plate and movement parts to get a firm grip. I need to see that tool you use shutterbug. I just could not get a good grip from the side due to the posts and works being in the area.

I enjoyed reading the feedback on this topic
Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QMAC
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent