Kundo Clock Help Needed

Wayne A

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2019
Country
Region
I have a similar clock and are you talking about the springs under the motion works? Theres a curved and a flat there. So when you pin the minute hand on there typically just a cupped washer in front of the minute hand and should only apply a small compression of the curved spring to provide enough friction to drive the motion works.

Could be a problem with the motion works too so check for burrs or any binding as you rotate the gears. But it gets down to overswing, if your not getting 25-30deg on each side you might have problems with a pin pallet. Pin pallets can be a little tougher to get going, just less efficient.

Wayne

kellycru5

Aug 6, 2019
Country
Still running 2 hours later. Put second tension washer in, in this configuration. Hour hand,(, I, ), front of works case. The orientation of the washers are the parenthesis. ( =tension washer in this direction then, I is flat washer, then ) = tension washer in this direction.

kellycru5

Aug 6, 2019
Country
Wayne if you look back at #20 I have the washers aligned on the cannon pinion but have added a 3rd tension washer. It seems to be working!? I thought that without the second tension washer I could not get the minute hand tighter so that it did not slide for the 3 to the 6 by tapping on the base. I am not getting a lot of overswing, oiled the pin pallets very sparsely like I was told early. Just cleaned and sanded some burrs with 3000 grit. Will let you know manana if still going. Thanks guys

kellycru5

Aug 6, 2019
Country
Hello. Still running 26 hours later! These are the first 2 clocks I have ever worked on. I don't know how you guys do it. It must drive you crazy sometimes. Thanks for your help and I am sure something will go wrong sooner or later. It is fun though to check up on the forum

Wayne A

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2019
Country
Region
Sounds good, so far! :)

400 days temperamental behavior is part of the attraction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lokalebasen
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre