Kitchen clock glass touch up

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by dumpsterdiver, Nov 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dumpsterdiver

dumpsterdiver Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Hello all, A client dropped off a kitchen clock for overhaul. He also wants the Griffen in the center touched up. It is a family pieces and it means a lot to him. But I do not know who to contact for this. I am in the DC area. Anyone local? Thanks, Randy

Attached Files:

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    The gong coil behind the glass interferes with what I can see, but I honestly se nothing wrong with it as is. What is it that I am missing?

3. dumpsterdiver

dumpsterdiver Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 12, 2008
    I don't see it as too bad either but he wants the image strengthened. He is 90 and wants to get all of his clocks in order before giving them to his kids. He refinished the case and had a new dial put on at some point so he likes new looking stuff.

4. Sooth

Sooth Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Cabinetmaker
    Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Doing anything to this glass would diminish the value of the clock. The glass is in absolutely perfect original condition. Your client is "crazy".