• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Kienzle Louvre Made by Huber

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
I saw this in an estate sale listing...had to check it out because these kind of things don't show up that often. Second day of estate sale...surprised it was still there...probably the price! 25% off though!! The dome is very nice! Thick glass and in good shape...I think the dome itself was worth the price.

It says Kienzle on the dial but I'm pretty sure it is made by Huber...plate 1717. And yes, the spring barrel has the teeth towards the back plate...oh fun! Lantern pinions and pin pallet...more fun! SN in the lower right is 16834 but the "6" is larger than the other numbers...same number and style on the back of the front plate. I had made changes to my repair guide in the past and date this in the range of 1914-1920...correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a little worse for wear, I see some rust on some of the arbors and the hands are rusty. The pendulum weighs 9.8 oz...I notice the thick knob for time regulation.

This will probably take a bit of time to go through. What's the best way to knock down the rust on the steel parts?

Kurt

HubKienzFrt.jpg HubKienzPend.jpg HubKienzPlt.jpg

Reactions: PatH

etmb61

NAWCC Member
Oct 25, 2010
Mascoutah, IL
Country
Region
I would say made by Kienzle using a Huber movement, which is not uncommon. The larger 6 in the serial number is typical of Kienzle clocks with Huber movements.
plate_dtl.jpg

I use Evapo-rust.

1926%20Kienzle%20Pg139lores.jpg

Eric

etmb61

NAWCC Member
Oct 25, 2010
Mascoutah, IL
Country
Region
Well the catalog page is from 1926 and it calls out lantern pinions as an option. There is no good way to date Huber movements. Not enough information.

Eric

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papawelo655
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions