Kienzle Kitchen Clock

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
Today from a flea market. My wife shook her head once more. I could not resist for 10 €.

Runs really nicely, wound up 1,5 turns, still running and clearly less than 1 minute deviation in the last 12 hours. The crystal needs a good clean, apparently, thats all.

She herself bought something making me in turn shake my head. So we seem to be two nuts having found each other long ago.

Cheers, Bernhard

L1030492.JPG
L1030493.JPG

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Congratulations on a nice clock and a wonderful wife, Bernhard! I'm similarly blessed - my wife says we support each other's rampant insanity. She's right...

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I think the mechanical kitchen clocks of this era are under-appreciated, some of them are very well made and attractive. Antiques of the future, perhaps.

JTD

demoman3955

Apr 9, 2022
Country
Today from a flea market. My wife shook her head once more. I could not resist for 10 €.

Runs really nicely, wound up 1,5 turns, still running and clearly less than 1 minute deviation in the last 12 hours. The crystal needs a good clean, apparently, thats all.

She herself bought something making me in turn shake my head. So we seem to be two nuts having found each other long ago.

Cheers, Bernhard

View attachment 728333
View attachment 728334
That would look good sitting on my 1956 GE stove, and pink no less.

IMG_0419.JPG

Robert Gift

Nov 12, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Country
Region
Does the stove's clock still run?
As a child I discovered thathe clock had a curved metal tab on the right? side which could be pulled outoperate timing functions.
The tab had several colored segments.
Wouldove to examine one of those clocks today and see how the tab worked.

Last edited:

demoman3955

Apr 9, 2022
Country
Does the stove's clock still run?
As a child I discovered thathe clock had a curved metal tab on the right? side which could be pulled outoperate timing functions.
The tab had several colored segments.
Wouldove to examine one of those clocks today and see how the tab worked.
To be honest, im not sure if it does, but ill check it out. There are also 2 power outlets and one is always live, and the 2nd one only runs by the times. So you could have your coffee pot set to start at a specific time. The rest of the stove works perfectly. Our house was built in 1920 so might as well have an old stove. We put a a 6 year old glass top that we couldnt get the top cleaned out at the curb to make room for the GE. At least someone got a free good working stove

demoman3955

Apr 9, 2022
Country
That stove is amazing and so beautiful! Congratulations!
And it works flawlessly. All i did was cleaned the push button switches and put in new burners. We actually even use a 30s waffle iron which again works great.

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
And it works flawlessly. All i did was cleaned the push button switches and put in new burners. We actually even use a 30s waffle iron which again works great.
If you're into the antique electrics, check out Snakehead Vintage for wiring products. I recently purchased some cloth-covered twisted pair power cord and a bakelite plug for a 30's-vintage Warren Telechron clock I'm restoring. Absolutely perfect, and the folks there really understand customer service. No affiliation; just want to give a shout-out to good people with good products.

Reactions: demoman3955

demoman3955

Apr 9, 2022
Country
If you're into the antique electrics, check out Snakehead Vintage for wiring products. I recently purchased some cloth-covered twisted pair power cord and a bakelite plug for a 30's-vintage Warren Telechron clock I'm restoring. Absolutely perfect, and the folks there really understand customer service. No affiliation; just want to give a shout-out to good people with good products.

im redoing a vintage coin op radio. going to add capacitors in place of the wax ones, so ill look them up. Ive been getting a lot of my lighting stuff from antiquelampsupply.com

20180516_214414.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Nov 12, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Country
Region
Are there still commercial AM broadcast companies in the USA?
Yes. Many. And some also have an FM station broadcasting the same program.
We also have some AM Stereo stations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leslie
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent