Kieninger MSU02 Movement Part

diver7325

Mar 4, 2016
Shelbyville, IN
Country
I am looking for a cable drum (1/4 chime strike) for a Kieninger MSU02. I found a website (PERRIN- Canada's leading supplier for watch, clock and jewellery parts) that has one that says it is a KSU Strike Train Cable Drum. Is there a difference in the cable drum for the KSU style movement and the MSU style movement or are they interchangeable? If they are not interchangeable, does anybody know where I can get one from? The one listed above is the only one I have seen so far.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

lpbp

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
Is your's missing, or broken, if so maybe it can be repaired.

diver7325

Mar 4, 2016
Shelbyville, IN
Country
Is your's missing, or broken, if so maybe it can be repaired.
A customer has a movement that someone else worked on and the other person just returned it unfixed...the 1/4 hour train barrel is missing the click stop & click stop spring...it is also missing the collar that holds the entire barrel together...I would just feel more comfortable putting a brand now one in since I'm not sure what the other person did to it. The customer is fine with me replacing it as well.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
The KSU is a replacement for all previous xSU movements but you will have to go to a supplier to get your answer on parts compatibility. The KSU has 6 removable cable drum bearings, so there will probably be differences? Willie X

Reactions: NEW65

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
If you are willing to pay freight on a good used one, PM me with your USPO address.
I likely have one in my archives. I will send complete with the cable.
That will be much cheaper than a new one.
Dick

Reactions: NEW65

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Jul 4, 2009
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Country
Region
Kieninger went through several design changes over the years, especially with the winding arbors. The movements interchange but the parts not always. We should have the part for the MSU02 model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remco
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre