Kienginger movement

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
I got this in recently for repair. On the back are: 0506930809, and PS026 65cm. I've never worked on one of these "modern" German movements before but have read plenty here about plated pivots. That said, I have not taken this down for cleaning yet but already I can see that it's going to need 12 or so bushings. Questions: Is this one with the plated pivots? What amount of wear can the main wheel bushes tolerate? (This has slight wear) Considering the number of bushings needed, should I just get a new movement? (assuming one is available) I'll get some pictures once I figure it out. Thanks

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
What ever you do don't clean the verge in any solvent at all. You need to look at the plating and really see where it stands. It may just need cleaning. Take a crack at this movement. They are fairly easy to work on. It's your gain to do this movement. 12 bushings is a cake walk.

H/C

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
I copy that HC. I'll opener up and see what I've got. Thanks Mark, it's good to know that there's an out!

Merry Christmas

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Vernon, another option is to use Butterbearings instead of bushings. Do a message board search for "butterbearings" for more information.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pmendoza
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions