• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Keininger Verge Depthing

Les Sanders

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2010
Sahuarita Arizona
Country
Region
What were they thinking slotted holes to retain the verge mount! I normally just split the difference not today it hates me! Anyone have a sure fire way to set these up?

MVC-005L.JPG MVC-006L.JPG MVC-007L.JPG

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
Les, I tighten the two screws just tight enough that they hold the mount but will still slide. Then I lower both sides so the escape wheel locks. Then very slightly move each side up until the escape wheel escapes. That should be close.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I snug down one side (near the center) and leave the other side loose for adjustment. Adjust until the pallet is just deep enough so the pallets clearly drop onto the dead faces. About 15 thou, up from the impulse face, is usually good.
When all is correct, snug down both screws and recheck. It makes no difference if the hanger is slightly askew. Willie X

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I snug up both screws and get to the right spot with light taps on the sides. No pendulum for this adjustment. Then lock it down, mount the pendulum and test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3号缐
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller