• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Keininger Second Hand won't turn.

Neal Miller

Feb 13, 2006
rural Carson City, Michigan
Country
Region
I am overhauling a Kieninger 84K Triple Chime, 93 CM, Cable movement. I think it is a 1980s version.
The problem is that the gear that supports the Second hand is missing.

As you can see from the photo's, this movement has a median plate which supports the Escape wheel as well as the second hand gear. I have marked up the photos to show where the gear should be.

I am desperate to find a replacement and am hoping someone out there can help.

Oh! I forgot to mention that the reason it is missing is that I LOST IT. :eek::confused: PLEASE don't tell my customer. I have checked the retail outlets and they tell me it is too old to find a NEW part. New replacement is over $400. I took the job for a $225 charge, so you can see why I am desperate.

If anyone can help me, please let me know.

Neal Miller
Keep on Ticking

Attachments

The Tick Doc

Dec 30, 2007
South east USA
Country
Region
Call Black Forest Imports at 866 282-9115. I dont see that part in the catalog ,however they have a stockpile ov parts that are not invertoryed....................TTD

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
You could also contact David LaBounty to see if he has one. However, in cases like this, you have to think "it's here someplace". Check the bottom of your US unit, use a magnet around the bench. Keep looking and it will turn up.

Neal Miller

Feb 13, 2006
rural Carson City, Michigan
Country
Region
Thanks guys. Mark Butterworth is sending me the part I need.

I did contact Black Forest, as well as several others, and they could not help.

I appreciate your encouragement about persisting to hunt, but I finally had to give up after spending way too much time on the hunt. On the positive side, my shop is the cleanest it has been for years, after my wife decided to help and physically touch everything in the shop, including every bit of dust on the floor and shelving. That little bugger is somewhere down there, but I don't know where. I suspect, however, that since I now have ordered one from Mark, the chances of it turning up are greatly increased.

Thanks again,
Neal Miller
Keep on Ticking

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Yeah it's like the drier eating socks. I hate it when that happens. I find split washer all over the place. They take off all over, and ya never know where their going to land. Sorry you lost your part. But it will turn up when you least expect it to.

H/C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jade1jerry
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-