Kanji translation

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Bruce Barnes, Feb 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    Hi, I hope there is a member that might be able to translate what I believe to be Chinese kanji's however they may be Japanese. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it, and let me know by PM.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Kanji characters are adopted from Chinese characters and are one of the three character systems use to write Japanese (the other two are hiragana and katakana, which are syllabic). Perhaps if you could post a photo of what you have, it might help.

JTD

3. tracerjack

tracerjack Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If it is all kanji characters, it is Chinese. Japanese uses a combination of kanji and hiragana/katakana. A photo of what you have will help determine who could translate it.

4. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    These are the photo's I have........along with a clock that I purchased

kanji 1.jpg kanji 2.jpg kanji 3.jpg

5. tracerjack

NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm inclined to think these are Chinese hanzi. The top left has the meaning of "talent", the next one down is "child", then "beauty". I couldn't find the last one. On the right top is "one", couldn't find the second one, next "eternal", then "heart or spirit". Altogether, they seem like characters for good luck, lots of children, love, prosperity and those kind of things.

6. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Many thanks Tracerjack,I was hoping a member could help me or I would have to go to a Chinese restaurant and hope someone there might till be versed in Chinese. In fact now that I think about it, a good combination,help and a great meal :))
    Bruce

7. tracerjack

NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sounds like a good plan to me.