Just when you think you've seen it all:

Isaac

Aug 5, 2013
Country
Region
Take a look at this unique French "sawmill" clock. The pendulum is actually inside of the sawmill stand instead of the attached to the movement. I'd imagine you'd start the clock by gently tugging the fake bandsaw blade.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
What’s crazy is, if you produced them in volume, they would probably sell. How about a plumber clock made from a toilet seat with a plunger as the pendulum? Or a fisherman made from a boat paddle with a lure for a pendulum? Umm.....invention:???:?

Joeydeluxed

NAWCC Member
Mar 3, 2007
Country
one of the often referred to as the French Industrial Series. This is just one of the dozens of different models almost all with some sort of automation. These were made around 1900+/-.

Take a look at this unique French "sawmill" clock. The pendulum is actually inside of the sawmill stand instead of the attached to the movement. I'd imagine you'd start the clock by gently tugging the fake bandsaw blade.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I must work on the same principle as the dancing doll cuckoo clocks. I assume the spring is in the barrel above the blade.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
one of the often referred to as the French Industrial Series. This is just one of the dozens of different models almost all with some sort of automation. These were made around 1900+/-.
Well, excuse my ignorance. I thought it was a one-of-a-kind custom made clock that was a joke. Learn something here every day.

ChimeTime

May 4, 2021
Country
It's obviously the only table top clock on which you can loose a finger !! :emoji_laughing:

I like it !

Reactions: Salsagev
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsun
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions