• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

American Just wanna say...

Clockinit

Nov 4, 2019
Country
I want to take a minute to say this .... ... I am nearing the end of my sophomore year (come November) in this crazy, cool thing called Horology...I have learned so much in that time and am doing things I never thought I'd ever be able to do...Necessity, and curiosity, as well advise and guidance from all the good folks in these forums have made it possible. About a month ago I disassembled and put back together a simple Hermle, Westminster chime movement, without referencing any of my photos... AND everything Worked as it should!! It was a proud day indeed..! I am now feeling more and more confident with the larger Triple chime movements, all types of clocks, modern and even antiques...
I guess I just wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to all the people who have assisted me in my journey.. All the advise, helpful, hints, tips and suggestions have been an invaluable source of education. You've taught me to be patient, think the processes through and to diagnose, evaluate and work towards a solution....
I am very fortunate to have this Forum/ MB. I gotta believe everyone who posts, and or just reads these forums has got to feel the same way.....

Best Regards to ALL...
Bob

Hudson

NAWCC Member
Jul 19, 2010
Spicewood
Country
Region
.... ... I am nearing the end of my sophomore year (come November)
About a month ago I disassembled and put back together a simple Hermle, Westminster chime movement, without referencing any of my photos... AND everything Worked as it should!! It was a proud day indeed..!
Two years and you are comfortable with three train movements! I'm impressed! You must have natural aptitude to have progressed so rapidly.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
Bob, this forum is , by far, the best I have ever been a member of. Most forums allow posters to be condescending and intimidating. Courtesy is almost never considered. The moderators on this forum do a fabulous job. People are willing to share their knowledge and do so simply to help others and to promote horology.
I have also learned much of my limited knowledge of clock repair here. When looking back at posts I made here many years ago, I am often embarrassed at some of the questions I asked and the comments I made. Yet……the knowledgeable, patient members here never made me feel like a “dummy” as is often the case on other forums. I want to also say thanks to all you fine folks who have helped me through the years. Thanks for posting, Bob.
Will

Reactions: Dave T

tracerjack

Jun 6, 2016
Lodi, CA
Country
Region
Agree. Best forum for information and help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inlikeflynn
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-