Just to share my next project.

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by le arsi, Jul 1, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Watchmaker,tower clockmaker, watch repair teacher/
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    This is a 4-meter diameter building clock to be installed inside the lobby of a newly built building in one of the business center in Metro manila Philippines. You can see here that I'm working on a big center wheel for the movement that I designed myself. And the huge twin seconds hand in progress. The twin seconds hand are parallel to each other so that the minute and hour hands will pass at the center. This design was made by an architect and contracted me to build a clock movement and hands for them. I'm using two large AC motors, one for the seconds hand and one for the minute and hour hands. The motion of the seconds hand is stepping every 1 second and the minute hand is 1 per minute. I hope you enjoy seeing it thank you. Have a nice day to all:)

Attached Files:

2. CZHACK

CZHACK Registered User

Apr 28, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for sharing. I look forward to progress photos. Mike

3. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting project Learsi.I gather from your picture you have a machine shop?
    Looks like it will be another nice clock when you are finished with it.

4. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    No Veritas, I dont have yet the machine shop only the immediate tools and that was my next goal to acquire all the necessary heavy machineries in making large movements. As of now I just give specs to a commercial machine shop on what to make everytime I have clients. I m sure it's really nice and eye catching to the public because of the unusual design never done to a public giant clock before. Thanks to all and for asking.

5. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    As I promised here's the video of my on going clock project for more than a month now since we started the assembly. (Sorry the video is a little dark because we have typhoon coming). You will notice that the minute and hour hands must pass between the twin seconds hand. I used two AC motors 1 for ss hand which is independent to the other minute and hour motor. I made the minute and hour motor to give time at +2 minutes per year. It has an auto back up power supply, automatic shut off for the seconds hand motor if somebody throws an object that restrict the hands because it will be placed just above the two elevators of the lobby of the building. It has an automatic timer of 10 hours for the ss hand motor and will stop after the office hour. I made it this way to prolong the life of the motor and to conserve energy. The motor of the minute and hour hands is not affected and will always continue to give correct time. I will post picture again of this clock once it was installed already in the building. Thank you very much for following the post.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVt7smPA7HE

6. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just watched the video of the clock Learsi.Interesting design, i like it and it will b e easier to see from a more front veiw in better light.Looking forward to new videos and pictures of it when installed and completed.
    Thanks for sharing.