Just picked up a smaller size New Hampshire Mirror, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Jim Burghart, Feb 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User

Nov 26, 2009
    Lookin' better all the time!

This posting has been wonderful. I think you have managed to dispel many ?'s raised when the clock first appeared in RAN.

Also, the inquiries and responses have lead to a very nice public record about an interesting and not often encountered clock and maker.

All a service to the horological community.

I wish I had your luck at Skinner's.

I seem to over pay or get stomped by the competition.

Enjoy!

RM

2. Jim Burghart

Jim Burghart Registered User

Jan 27, 2004
    Thanks for all information.

I am posting a few more pictures.

One of the hour wheel in relation to the winding arbor.

The others are what I will probably end up leaving as the weight / pulley arrangement. With the second pulley gone, the other weight was to much. I had an odd weight that seems to run the clock, and doesn't hit the sides or back. It shouldn't damage anything as it runs down. I have had a few clocks that had weights that were to big, and they scraped up the insides of the case over time.

I found a plain style bob that fits the clock better than the fancy bob I had tried first.

Now to consider having the dial re-painted.

Attached Files: Download all post attachments

3. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User

Nov 26, 2009
    I suspect the dial was repainted by the same Rembrandt that executed all of the other painting done to the clock.

Wonder if there's the remains of the original dial surface under the current one?

Might be able to have the current one carefully removed to reveal what's underneath?

RM