Just picked this up 1927 Big Ben alarm clock

River rat

NAWCC Member
Apr 4, 2009
The price was right were I live the electricity goes out a lot during winter and with digital alarm clocks all they do is flash after the juice goes off. Well a old wind up still keeps going and don't need electricity. So I started looking for vintage alarm clocks on line. I got this one from a guy who rebuilds them into animated ones I got this Big Ben by westclox from him were he put a Indian motor cycle dial and the motor cycle ticks back and forth kind of cool. And the price was right cheaper that buying a fixer upper on Ebay then paying another to service it. Goes good with the antique candle stick phone by the bed they both sound the same when they go off. I call this a fun clock probably the best deal I ever got for a clock.
DSC_0036_zpskoepafdl.jpg

DSC_0037_zps1tr9uwhm.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsqtre7be5.jpg
And made in the USA can't beat that. Not bad for a 100 bucks serviced and ready to go as soon as delivered.

Last edited:

Mr. Time

Feb 13, 2017
TEXAS
Country
Region
That is one cool looking clock.

Can you send me a PM on how to get in contact with that individual that sold you that clock? I'd really appreciate it if you could. Because I have a desk clock that I'd like to send me that he could possibly work on for me.

Thanks.

George Nelson

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Oct 5, 2007
Tennessee
Country
Region
Hi, Clock Collecting Friends,

Just a gentle warning here that clocks refurbished and restored by this company are showing up all over the Internet, and are being sold as completely original, with no mention whatsoever of them having been reworked by this company. This is in no way meant to criticize the Time Fixers company, as their web site fully discloses that the genuine old clocks have been "enhanced".

Just a note for everyone.

Peace always,

George Nelson

River rat

NAWCC Member
Apr 4, 2009
George I knew what I was buying. And don't worry I am a pack rat think I sold one watch last year a member at another forum was after it for a long time. If I ever sell a watch or clock I all ways tell the defect or history of it so they know what there getting. Like that watch I sold last year it needed a service told the buyer I took off half of what a service for it would cost honesty is all ways best.
Hi, Clock Collecting Friends,

Just a gentle warning here that clocks refurbished and restored by this company are showing up all over the Internet, and are being sold as completely original, with no mention whatsoever of them having been reworked by this company. This is in no way meant to criticize the Time Fixers company, as their web site fully discloses that the genuine old clocks have been "enhanced".

Just a note for everyone.

Peace always,

George Nelson

George Nelson

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Oct 5, 2007
Tennessee
Country
Region
Hi, River rat, and All,

The TimeFixers company is quite reputable, and does a great job both with refurbishment and repairs. I'm relieved that you didn't buy your clock thinking it was 100% original. The company produces great clocks. I have one of their products myself. I love the gentle ticking on the bedside table...

Peace to all,

George Nelson

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenHill
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool