• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Just Picked These Up

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Can you post a picture of the movement in "square brass one?"

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
the glass of the first one is beautifull,whish it were mine!Congrats!
Burkhard

TimeMonster

Jun 30, 2013
Phx. Arizona
Country
Region
The movement looks pretty clean, it needs a pendelum & I believe support spring? do you think late 1800's or later? The kitchen clock I got some time ago, took the face off, set the beat & its a runner, forgot who made it & just brought it home yesterday.. BrassClock (6).jpg View attachment 259780

TimeMonster

Jun 30, 2013
Phx. Arizona
Country
Region
Thanx Burkhard, I believe it is the original glass, its not a gingerbread, not sure if there is a name for that style of kitchen clock? with the 2 lions heads & Ladys face at the top its a rather unique design. I really like it alot, in fact I think Im in love...lol

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Thanx Burkhard, I believe it is the original glass, its not a gingerbread, not sure if there is a name for that style of kitchen clock? with the 2 lions heads & Ladys face at the top its a rather unique design. I really like it alot, in fact I think Im in love...lol
The one you call a kitchen clock is the Ingraham Mascot. It uses the same case as the Ansonia King and was probably a special make by Ingraham. What I see looks all original. Here is a thread on the one I have.

The movement in the other appears to be French. If it is, a maker's mark on it may be the only way to ID who made it.

owen.or

NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Near Portland, Oregon
Country
Region
I could not find the Ingraham "Mascot" in Tran's Ingraham book, so I could not date it directly, however, clocks of a similar style were dated in the 1880s. Examples of the clock do show up at the antiqueclockspriceguide.com site and by doing a general internet search using "Ingraham Mascot clock". David, Owen.or

TimeMonster

Jun 30, 2013
Phx. Arizona
Country
Region
The one you call a kitchen clock is the Ingraham Mascot. It uses the same case as the Ansonia King and was probably a special make by Ingraham. What I see looks all original.
Thanx Steven, yep they are a dead on match, IDK if the face is salvageable KitchenClock (1).jpg Makermark.jpg without it costing a small fortune, are they specific to that model or can they be found? it has part of the label on the back, with most of the name. It has such a majestic look to it the name doesnt seem to fit,, lol

The movement in the other appears to be French. If it is, a maker's mark on it may be the only way to ID who made it.
It has an 8 at the bottom? do you think it could be a japy freres? you can see traces of gold gilding. What should I use to polish it up? or should I just leave it alone? Thanx for helping me out here...

TimeMonster

Jun 30, 2013
Phx. Arizona
Country
Region
Hi Dave, I sold a cpl clocks on ebay last yr. I've regretted it ever since, it kills me too see what some of these nice old clocks are selling for ... its definately a buyers market ...I know I wont be selling any more of mine.. Im sure Steven has dated his, I'll have to ask him... thanx for the imput

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
The stamp on the French movement looks like S. Marti, about whom others are better qualified to tell you. Where is the gilding? Might be best to leave it be in any event.

TimeMonster

Jun 30, 2013
Phx. Arizona
Country
Region
The stamp on the French movement looks like S. Marti, about whom others are better qualified to tell you. Where is the gilding? Might be best to leave it be in any event.
Yes, the trademark stamp says, S Marti, found a pendulum, a light drop a lube to the pivots, a tweak to the escapement, found the beat and shes tickin & a tockin, The bottom of the eagles wings still has alot of the gilding, but just a speck here an there is all thats left of it on the rest of the clock. I'll leave it be for now, but that brass would look good all polished up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chiuzo
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent