Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
Good day everyone!

I've been lurking through the same forums, websites and reading books for about 5 or 6 years now. Joined the NAWCC in 2018 and probably started using this forum at the same time.

After reading a few things recently (not here), I just felt the overwhelming urge to say Thank You to everyone here. Thanks for sharing your time, your experience, knowledge, and all of the tidbits of information collected over years.

Another big thanks to the people who have spent so much time and energy to update this forum, the website, and keep it all running smoothly. Allot of that computer stuff is way over my head... But from the user end of it, everything looks awesome. I just had to purchase a new phone.. which I feel is ridiculously large, but everything works flawlessly now. I guess tech is not like a good old watch... You can't keep it forever no matter how much you like it.

Anyways, from someone who's only been around a few years, thank you again to everyone who make this organization what it is. I've met so many good people here and in person, and hope to maybe see some of you in the upcoming year? Maybe following years if this virus mess doesn't subside. Virginia is definitely a possibility.

Please give a shout if there's anything I could do to lend a hand.

Stay safe and have a good day!

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
I agree with Rick, wholeheartedly! And in addition to the work that has been done in the past, I'm very appreciative of the "crowdsourcing" and sharing that is currently going on with the addition of serial numbers and photos/descriptions of watches by several makers. Since so many company records have been destroyed or lost, this kind of information gathering is truly exciting to see.

Pat

Reactions: Missy and John Cote

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
A thank you from myself also, if it wasn't for this message board who knows what I would have purchased, collected, etc and the training at the school was priceless along with the camaraderie of the other students to help others who were struggling. With advice from others I was able to buy quality tools instead of junk which I have had for 12 years now, just have to get more proficient on my lathe. Everyone keep up the good work. A special thank you to Jerry Trieman and Tom McIntyre for the information about Waltham's and Tom's workshop at my local chapter. Oh, and a thankyou to Clint Geller for his contributions.

John Cote

Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
Thanks especially to Tom McIntyre and all of the forum moderators. What a great job they do.

Reactions: Missy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stylelined
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff