Just about finished - almost

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Oct 20, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    I started a project writing about my 51-52 years on 9/10/16...today, while publishing one page every few days...10 pages have been published to date...Now I have 5 more pages to publish and then one page of pictures of the French Fountain Clock...the most beautiful of clocks I have ever had the opportunity to lay my eyes upon.

This clock took over 12 years to complete and restore to its original condition and look. It only took a miracle to find the little clock with a platform escapement. But miracles do happen.

To my best guesstimate it would have been conceived sometime around 1860, by some French
    clock maker, whom in my personal opinion, painted a masterpiece with a number of metals and
    glass spirals to simulate the flow of water as they turned and added a clock to tell the time of day.

When the pictures are finally published...I like to think what I posted here has not been
    exaggerated, and that many readers of this post and the story detailing my 51-52 years as a
    member of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors will at best, agree.