Junghans Shield Dial in a four-glass case?

Ingulphus

May 29, 2006
Oakland, CA
Country
Region
There is a good-looking Junghans torsion clock up for auction online (not eBay) which has a shield dial and 'governer' pendulum in a four-glass case, with a French retailer's name on the dial. I've seen a lot of wooden-cased Junghans from the era, but never a four glass! Has anyone else had any experience with them?

Ingulphus

May 29, 2006
Oakland, CA
Country
Region
Thank you both! The pre-auction bidding is fairly high, so I doubt I could afford it, but I would love to add it to my four-glass collection! I note that your pendulum doesn't have the silvered stripe on the edge of the disc; neither does the one at auction. Do you think that was the result of over-polishing, or were there some models without one?

GRZESIEK

Apr 3, 2017
Country
Thank you both! The pre-auction bidding is fairly high, so I doubt I could afford it, but I would love to add it to my four-glass collection! I note that your pendulum doesn't have the silvered stripe on the edge of the disc; neither does the one at auction. Do you think that was the result of over-polishing, or were there some models without one?
I think that the silver strap was removed when cleaning. What was the price of this clock.

42b52c6440e3909ed10686cf5a52.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00035Skip
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller