Junghans pendulum clock

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Gentlemen

Need your help. The information I have is that this clock is from the 1920's. Would that be correct?
Could not find it on the web so If any of you has more detailed info (model, type, specifications, etc) pls share.
Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

IMAGE_1.jpg IMAGE_2.jpg

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Gentlemen

Need your help. The information I have is that this clock is from the 1920's. Would that be correct?
Could not find it on the web so If any of you has more detailed info (model, type, specifications, etc) pls share.
Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

View attachment 665544 View attachment 665545
Welcome to the forum.

We will need to see clear pictures of the back of the movement in order to let you you know when your clock was made.

I have requested a moderator to move your thread to the General Clocks category for better exposure. The Wood Movement category is for wood movements - not wood cases. :)

Regards.

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Thank you new2clocks.
I don't have the clock with me. There is no other way to tell when it was made?
Thanks

Last edited:

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Thank you new2clocks.
Thanks
Junghans date coded their movements, which is why I requested pictures of the back of the movement.

Perhaps someone has a Junghans catalog with your clock listed, but a catalog only proves that a clock was offered in a particular year. Any model was most likely offered for xxx years before and after the year of the catalog, so you would only be provided a guestimate that could cover a ten year period.

Regards.

Ticktocktime100

Nov 11, 2012
France
www.collectorsweekly.com
Country
Thank you new2clocks.
Thanks
Hi,

As new2clocks states, the date code on the movement will allow us to ascertain an exact date of manufacture, but the clock is certainly earlier than 1920’s and much closer to 1900, or a shade later.

Regards.

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Thank you gentlemen. That's interesting once I did not think it was earlier than 1920.
I'll see if I can have a pic of the back so we can be sure

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I agree with all the above, but there is something about the case that niggles me a bit. It looks brand new! Perhaps it is just the lighting or the camera angle, but it just looks pristine. The same goes for the brackets that hold the movement.

Perhaps it has been very highly 'restored' - and perhaps I am just wrong. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

JTD

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
I know it has been "cleaned" (wood and brass parts) but the case is not "that pristine".
I'll try to get detailed pics of the case as well.
Thank you

Teckelhut

NAWCC Member
May 10, 2021
Oregon
www.teckelhut.com
Country
Region
The stamp on the movement will date it. Junghans changed their stamps at different time periods.

Reactions: o'clock

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Ok. I received the pics of the back of the movement. The only nbr I can see is 126. Don't know if it'll be enough to date the clock. Please let me know what you think once I'm curious as to the date (and other specifications you might have - model, type. etc). Thank you
JTD I also asked for some pics of the more "damaged" parts of the case.

Image_3.jpg Image_4.jpg Image_5.jpg Image_6.jpg Image_7.jpg Image_8.jpg Image_9.jpg

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
The trademark on your movement was registered in 1891. Junghans commenced date coding their movements in 1901.

Your clock was made between 1891 and 1901.

Regards.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
@JTD I also asked for some pics of the more "damaged" parts of the case.
Thanks. Yes, I see now that it is not quite as pristine as it appeared in the earlier photos, but it's still pretty good for its age.

JTD

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Thank you gentlemen for your help.
I thought the clock was from the 20's, and after all it's 20 or 30 years older than that... Wow!
Do you know where I could get more info on this clock model?
Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Not sure. Don't even know if there are any specifications on this one (type, model, etc.)
Anything will be welcome.
Thanks

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Not sure. Don't even know if there are any specifications on this one (type, model, etc.)
Anything will be welcome.
Thanks
There is really not much more to tell you. This type of wall clock is often (wrongly) called a Vienna regulator. It is neither a regulator nor made in Vienna but that's what they get called.

An auction house might list it as 'Junghans spring driven regulator style wall clock'.

I don't think it has a model name - Junghans didn't use names much at that time.

Others may know more.

JTD

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
To add to what JTD said, your clock is time and strike - it does not chime.

It should be an 8 day movement, meaning it should run for 8 days on a full wind.

It has a faux (fake) compensating pendulum.

As mentioned earlier, if it had a model name, then the only way to find that name is from a catalog. There are folks who frequent these forums with Junghans catalogs, and should they have the catalog with your model, you will need to patient for them to read your thread and respond.

Regards.

o'clock

Aug 1, 2021
Country
Thank you JTD and new2clocks. You were a great help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehedi94
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-