Junghans Mantle Clock

Sargeant Brett

New User
Nov 12, 2021
Country
Hi All, I am in Australia and searching for a movement for a Junghans Mantle Clock, circa 1900. My customer's family has owned the clock since new but 25 years ago the original movement was replaced with qartz. (Sad). They want it restored to as close to original as possible. It seems though that movements I have or ones I have found on line have a pendulum length that is too long. Distance from centre of minute hand to base is 5 1/4" (135mm). Distance to winding arbour from centre is 1 1/4" (31.2mm) and distance between arbours is 2 1/4" (56.3mm). I would appreciate greatly any suggestions.

Junghens photo.PNG

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I have a similar clock in for repair. Will be glad to take measurements tomorrow but all I could do is send you a photo of the movement ...
Willie X

Sargeant Brett

New User
Nov 12, 2021
Country
I have a similar clock in for repair. Will be glad to take measurements tomorrow but all I could do is send you a photo of the movement ...
Willie X
Hi Willie, Many thanks for your reply. I am having a bit of trouble obtaining a movement to suit this old case. No action here in Australia from my contacts. If you can send me a photo I would appreciate it or maybe you have already completed the repair. i really appreciate your response, i was excited to see it was you as I have seen lots of your posts on the Forum pages.
Bye for now, Regards, Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danis89lettsbaby@hotmail.
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-