Clock Junghans "Grande Sonnerie or Blind Mans Clock?"

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by h2chuck, Oct 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. h2chuck

h2chuck Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2019
    Male
    Retired
    South TN
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello
    I have this Junghans 3 weight and I got it to be a Blind Mans clock and I really dont know what the difference between that and the Grande Sonnerie other than the way it chimes?
    Anyway I need the quarter chime gear shaft and gathering pallet.The squared end on the quarter chime shaft that come thru the front plate is broken almost flush and the gathering pallet went with it somewhere.
    Prices i have got for repairing the gear/shaft/pinion are almost what i can get a used movement( when i can find one ) price.
    If anyone would have a spare or a movement or know of anyone I sure would like to get this back together.
    This has to be a 3 weight as far as i can tell from the quarter striking side unless i am wrong .
    I would appreciate any help from you guys.
    I dont know that a picture would help.It doesnt have any numbers other than the Junghans Star and the J inside it, no other number anywhere. I wish it were because i would like a date era on it.
    Thanks