JUNGHANS clock Art Deco

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Airkey, Jul 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Airkey

Airkey New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I recently got this beautiful mantle clock form my grandparents, who had it as a present on their marriage on the 4th of May 1933. I have been looking on the web, but there is not one picture from this clock. It would be nice to have more information about it or a catalog (page) in which they tell when it's exactly made. The other question I will ask in another thread. But has anybody have more info? Thanks in advantage.

View attachment 350393

2. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Airkey and wellcome to this message board.That´s a nice and well preserved Art Deco clock with a meaningfull provenance! I´d bet it contains a german movement,the style of the case differs from what was "en vogue" in Germany at that time,so I´d guess the case could be of Dutch origin.Or Junghans had ordered a batch of special cases for the dutch market.Anyway,could You please show detailed pics of the movement and tell us any marks or inscriptions visible in the interior of the clock?A great clock,thanks for showing!
    Burkhard

3. Airkey

Airkey New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Country Flag:
  4. Airkey

Airkey New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Country Flag:
    And by the way it still works perfectly. It strikes every half hour.