Junghans ATO Clock

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
The clock dial is reverse painted onto the glass and therefore the digits are reversed, a relatively simple process when mass produced with silk screen or stamping process.

But, in my opinion, it would be a challenge for one experienced in dial painting to reproduce the numerals in reverse especially on glass.

Certainly doable but a challenge and maybe a break from the usual for the professional dial painter.

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region
Hello!

Since I do have the broken dial; I thought about taking it to an auto glass restorer. Some of those places can repair a crack in a windshield invisibly. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Neal
I've been in the auto repair biz for over thirty years now and I have yet to see an invisible repair,granted it looks better but the crack is still there and will continue to migrate if a hard enough bump is hit. I'm not sure that the process will even work on single layer glass,only seen it done on safety glass. Now something that could be done would be to find someone that sandblast etches glass,wouldn't be original but would look great.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
I´d give it a try:It preserves the original and maybe cheaper that making a new one.OTOH in the age of computers and photoshop etc.I cannot imaging it to be too difficult to scan in the dial and have it printed either on a glass panel directly or on a transparent film to attach to a blank glass.Try the auto shop first and tell/show if they helped You!If You need a high resolution pic of the dial in perfect condition come back,I have the same clock!
Burkhard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
S. Attar
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller