john harrison pocket watch

wins_d95fe7

Feb 15, 2010
:)i have a pocket watch that on the inside of the back case it states john harrison liverpool , hande ( a hole to insert a key) ,chinder escapement (a hole to insert a key), holes jewelled.the outer backcase has numbers stamped in it. whitch looks like 3333 or 3336. it takes a number 6 key . the case is gold and engraved. there is one set of markings whitch looks like ph 151:???:. can anyone give me any info on this watch. i also have pictures of the watch but will have to send by e-mail. thank you .

MartyR

Dec 16, 2008
UK
Country
"Hande" and "chinder" are probably "hands" and "winder". "John Harrison" is a very common name for watchmakers. You won't find out anything more without posting photos here. Emailing them won't work.

Cary Hurt

NAWCC Member
Dec 16, 2005
Country
Region
I'm pretty sure that "chinder" will actually be "cylinder" (perhaps spelled in the french manner, with an "i" instead of a "y"). If this is correct, then it's a sure sign that this is yet another moderate priced Swiss watch sold with a famous English name engraved on the cover. There are many, many examples of this type. I have two
"John Harrison" watches, one spelled with a double "s" in the last name, but the other spelled correctly. Both have modest Swiss bar lever-escapement movements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeSlari
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre