• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

John Harrison and the Quest for Longitude Jonathan Betts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph B

Nov 25, 2006
Napier, New Zealand
Country
This is said to have been published in February, 2020, but I wondered if it was a re-hash of Bett's earlier work on Harrison.
Does anyone know ?
Don't want to get it and find that I essentially have it already.
Thanks,

Ralph.

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
He was still working on another book when I spoke to him last November, and he was doing that earlier that year too.It wasn't about Harrison. I think he has found himself rather busy since he retired!

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I tried to purchase a copy and found that it had been withdrawn from publication.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
You do not get the notice until they process your order. I tried a UK seller and they had their listing marked "not available."

John Matthews

NAWCC Member
Sep 22, 2015
France
Country
Region
I purchased copy from Amazon (France) a couple of days ago. The UK site lists availability from 31 August.

John

John Matthews

NAWCC Member
Sep 22, 2015
France
Country
Region
I thought they were by David Penney but they are by a nwe illustrator whoc has done a lovely job with a single quibble so far.
The originals were ....

The book has been withdrawn by the Museum because of an infringement of copyright.

John

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
I am closing this thread to further comment as it is against NAWCC policy to involve the NAWCC and its members in on-going legal matters. Thank you for your understanding in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lurch
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent