John douglas dumbarton tall clock

cpenton

Jul 29, 2013
TALL CLOCK.jpg TALL CLOCK2.jpg TALLCLOCK3.jpg I am looking on information about this Tall Clock. Anything anyone can tell me would be greatly appreciated. So far all I really know is that it is Scottish and that the dial maybe lacquer over brass. Would appreciate your help.

jmclaugh

Jun 1, 2006
Devon
Country
Region
Nice clock with centre sweep second hand which is rather unusual for a longcase clock, the round dial afaik was quite peculiar to Scotland and London and first appeared around the early part of the 19th C. What makes you say it is laquer over brass?

cpenton

Jul 29, 2013
I was told from the man I purchased it that it was 24k gold leaf. I contacted a clockmaker expert and he says it's lacquer. I am not really sure. I want to learn any info about this clock. There seems to be NO pictures anywhere about any of his clocks.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Anyone have any idea of what this clock is worth?
I have merged the two threads on this clock. We do not discuss values in this forum. There are value forums specifically set up here for such discussions. They are open to non-NAWCC members for a nominal fee.

cpenton

Jul 29, 2013
I recently acquired this beautiful tall clock. I have been told it probably was made around 1830. It runs like a charm and is a little unusual I thought because of the sweep second hand and the round dial.

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moneyrama
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff