Jerome 6" and Waterbury 8" Galleries

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Curtis Jackson, Jun 12, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Curtis Jackson

Curtis Jackson Registered User

Apr 14, 2009
    Apprentice Watchmaker
    Columbia, Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jerome 6" octagonal gallery case, dial and bezel. Paid $5, figured that was a good deal.

I wish it was a mosaic-like case, but it's not. Those blonde sections of the case are just missing veneer. One day I'll be able to fix that.

Dial is very nice despite the flaking, but what shocked me was...

Label. Parts of it are gone, but I love that some of it is still there. There is some handwriting and a date on it but I haven't quite sat down to decipher it yet.

When I was putting the dial back in its place, I noticed that the screw holes don't match up. In the last picture, notice the screw hole at the 12oclk position for the dial but between 10/11 and 1/2 on the case. The case is held in the correct position in the picture, referenced by the hanger. Another screw hole at 6oclk position on dial, but no other screw holes in the case than the two up top.

I'll probably NEVER find a movement for it, but I'll sure try. Anyone else have one of these?

Attached Files:

2. Curtis Jackson

Curtis Jackson Registered User

Apr 14, 2009
    Apprentice Watchmaker
    Columbia, Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    8" Waterbury round gallery clock. Paid $20.

Case is nice despite some scratches and gouges. Dial pan remains holding what I guess is the original paper dial, but the bezel has broken off and been lost.

The paper dial worries me because it is very fragile and already has a tear across the top half. It has swelled in its age and I'm afraid it won't last long. The mysterious thing about the dial is the faded "01720" just left of the center arbor hole. I'd like to imagine it may be an old zip code but I doubt that since zips were introduced in the sixties. No idea what else it might be, and I don't see much trace of anything on the other side of the center arbor hole.

The bezel being missing will be a bit of a challenge to fix, I think. Just to find one that will fit. I measured what I thought would work but couldn't find anything in timesavers' catalog that I think would fit.

I think I can get a seconds hand for it, that's what it's missing besides the bezel.

Movement is brass, time only, 8 day. Runs for now, but sporadically; will be cleaned soonish. The ticking REALLY fills up a room.

Anyone else got one?

Attached Files:

3. Jay

Jay Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Dec 12, 2007
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice clock Curtis ! I think you will have a real beauty when you get it "fixed up" .

Jay