Jean Vincenti French Clock 1855

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Love clocks, Jun 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check it out in the NAWCC Events forum:
    Talk about the upcoming National Meeting
    Preregistration is now closed.
    Visit the site for our New Member Walk In Deal.
  1. Love clocks

Love clocks Registered User

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Darwin 11.JPG
    This is not my latest purchase, but it is my favourite. It is smaller than most of the French clocks standing only around 20cm high. It is stamped Medalle de Argent 1855 and the movement is by Jean Vincenti. My obsession with clocks started when I heard one on the antiques road show, which when it struck the bell, sounded like the pinging of a fine wine glass. This one does have the sound I was looking for, however 146 clocks later.....

gleber and electricjet like this.
  2. electricjet

electricjet Registered User

Sep 17, 2014
    Male
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Incroyable et très belle

3. Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
  4. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Great looking French clock, the movements are very well made.

Love clocks likes this.
  5. Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Thank you. We have just had the movement repaired as unfortunately someone prior to us had made an attempt to fix it and totally destroyed it. They had soldered the main spring which had let go and they had dripped solder onto other parts. The platform had been replaced incorrectly and caused other problems. Poor clock repairer started with what he thought would be an easy job, but as he fixed one thing, he then found other things wrong, so has spent the last 3 months working on it. It is now running sweet as he did a fantastic job on it.

Kevin W. likes this.