Solved Jauch Triple Chime

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Hello all. I have this Jauch movement done and running pretty strong. It seems to have different drops on the entrance and exit pallets. It's a Vullarmy escapement with no adjustments on the rear pivot/ suspension arm. The only adjustment would have to be made to a pallet.
Does it sound like it is out a little? There are several ticking sounds in the short video but I think it's the loudest one.
Thanks for looking. Danny

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Does anyone know the proper way to install these clips? In the straight, flat form they are not snug enough to hold the face on tight. Thanks, Danny
20221006_103130.jpg 20221006_103143.jpg

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
If necessary, you could drift a pivot to adjust the distance. Hard to tell without looking straight on but I hear a little difference in sound.
Vernon

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
If necessary, you could drift a pivot to adjust the distance. Hard to tell without looking straight on but I hear a little difference in sound.
Vernon
Hey, Vernon. I was thinking it was the entrance drop that was large. If I moved the pallets in just a nano amount wouldn't that be like closing the pallets which I think would decrease the entrance drop? Am I thinking right?
Thanks for the help. Danny

JimmyOz

Feb 21, 2008
Gold Coast Qld
Country
Region
Does anyone know the proper way to install these clips? In the straight, flat form they are not snug enough to hold the face on tight. Thanks, Danny
Just give them a slight rounding, look at the inside of your thumb about that much and the top of the round toward the tab side.

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Just give them a slight rounding, look at the inside of your thumb about that much and the top of the round toward the tab side.
Yeah, I did that as WOW had suggested. I thought that was the answer but it seemed too simple. It's not one of their better ideas. It works though.
No ideas on the escapement?
Thanks, Danny

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Unless there is evidence that someone has messed with them I would leave them alone, you said it was running okay.
Yeah, it's been running fine for a couple of weeks now. It's that darn perfectionism. I've got to get over that.
Thanks, Jimmy.

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
Hey, Vernon. I was thinking it was the entrance drop that was large. If I moved the pallets in just a nano amount wouldn't that be like closing the pallets which I think would decrease the entrance drop? Am I thinking right?
Thanks for the help. Danny
I wouldn't change a thing without looking at the escapement pallets interaction with the teeth closely. It seems pretty good as is. Post a better video if you are tempted to tweak it.
Vernon

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Thanks, Vernon. After all the comments and bits of help, I'm leaving it as is. The anchor was a little tight on the end shake so I did relieve that. It's running strong with healthy amplitude. It just sounds a little loud on one side of the tic.
I believe it has and, will run for many years this way.
Thanks again for the great help, Danny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicobirdie
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent