japanese edo style clock

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by colin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. colin

colin New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Hi
    My name is Colin Walsh
    I am interested in making a copy of a Japanese two Foliot Kake Dokei Lantern Clock and can find no information about drawings wheel count and sizes ext . I have quite a lot of books and photos of this type of clock but can not find any sizes of the parts ,has any one made a copy?
    or do you know where I can get a set of drawings ?
    Regards Colin

2. Allan Wolff

Allan Wolff Super Moderator

Mar 17, 2005
    Hi Colin,
    Welcome to the message board.
    I have plans for a striking Lantern Clock by J.M. Wild that was published in the 1975 Model Engineer magazine. While this may not be the exact one you are looking for, it may provide some information that will help you figure out the Japanese design. Send me a private message if you think these might be helpful.
    Allan

3. colin

colin New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Hi Allan
    Thanks for this information I do have a copy of this but would like information on a two foliot japanese clock
    there is an article I have just found in NAWCC bulletin April 1966 Hosokawas woodcuts and a hanging clock by C H Wheeler which gives drawings for a single foliot clock .Thanks again for your input .
    Colin