• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Jaeger-LeCoultre watch, recently acquired. Is it real ? What's the asking/selling price ?

libelul

Jul 30, 2021
Country
The back shows nothing. You said, inside the case back. You mean I've got to open the watch ?
1627738062054.png

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
OK. So it is white gold. The diamonds may well be that but so far they don't quite look good enough. They should sparkle better than in your first photo. Now that you have it open and have the movement out, give the watch case a good clean with warm water detergent and a toothbrush. In a cup so that if any stones fall out, they don't go down the drain.
What is the movement? Did you take a picture of that?

The market for small ladies watches isn't as good these days as it was in the day when this was made. looks like 1970's.

Last edited:

libelul

Jul 30, 2021
Country
I just brought it to a jeweler and the diamonds are real with the case and band at 18 K.
He offered me $ 2,000 for it. Needless to say, I've still got it.

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
I just brought it to a jeweler and the diamonds are real with the case and band at 18 K.
He offered me $ 2,000 for it. Needless to say, I've still got it.
Remember, that's the scrap price and someone has to sit down and take all the diamonds out without damaging them for that. I would have taken the money. In 1975 at the top retail price, the watch would have been about $1 grand. It would have scrapped for about $300.

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
Pretty watch. Reminds me of a Piaget that I once traded for in another life. I remember being very impressed with the craftsmanship that went into the articulation of the band. And Le Coultre is a fine maker.

I do think that the $2,000-3000 is probably about right. Although I do remember finding similar watches to the yellow gold Piaget where sellers were asking closer to $6,000. I recommend you check out the big auction site for recent sales of similar watches, as then you have real prices established by a meeting of the minds between sellers and buyers. Good luck.

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
it doesn’t matter what sellers are asking.,. it matters what buyers are willing to pay.

definitely do some googling but remember that past performance is no guarantee of similar results now... doesn’t matter what similar pieces sold for on 2017, for example… see precious sentence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vantique
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-