IWC need staff/info

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
Hello everyone I trying to look up this movement to find a new balance staff and maybe dial. Wonder if anyone could help more information about the movement is it real and so on.
please let me know thank you here are pictures of the IWC
Staff pic is very hard to take sorry
The movement says International watch company 17 jewel Swiss then by the stem it says adjusted to (3)three position and then on the balence cock it says HXB by the balance wheel has serial number 889973

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
Thank you getting closer The cal 982 looks just like it but I still can’t find a staff # part info nothing??

oic55

Aug 21, 2009
Hi Anthony,

Found this website, good info on IWC Pocket watches:

!

Looking at your photo, it is a 17 Jewel movement, no shock jewel on balance. Thinking a cal 95 based on the info and photos on the website.

With that info, took a look at an old Ronda Balance staff catalog from 1965 and found the following:

IWC Cal 95 is a Ronda Staff 1358

Have attached a pdf photos of the Ronda catalog pages for the IWC watches, and the dimensions for the cal. 95, 97, 98, (looks like two variants dependent on plat 43 or 47 which is roller staff diameter according to catalog info). Reference the page for the 1350 for a diagram calling out the dimension locations.

Hope this helps.

Don

Attachments

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
Thank you so much for the information I will order a staff I’ll let you know how things go thank you I go

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
I'm confident that anybody who is going to be restaffing such a watch isn't the same "ham-fister" who removed the watch from its, probably karat gold, case. Too bad about the dial. It could be worse, but right at the 12:00 mark?! I am a fan of IWC watches. One day I hope to own a nice caliber 89 wristy. Good luck with your repair.

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
I found this movement as is. And yes I am very upset about the dial too. I removed the staff while holding my breath on this one!! And will do the same when restaffing

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
Just a little update I went to the IWC store in Manhattan which they had a watchmaker on staff The movement is a caliber 95 and if I wanted it fixed it would have to be shipped to Switzerland because they don’t make the parts anymore The balance staff is a 1358 which you guys have told me
I thought I would get more information out of them such as what year this movement as

Chris Radek

NAWCC Member
Apr 13, 2014
Lincoln, NE, USA
timeguy.com
Country
What a bunch of nonsense. They want to send it to Switzerland so they can justify charging you $5000 for a routine repair. This is not going to be a hard part to find. agemo already found one place to order them above. If it was me I would just request it from my parts house in my next order and they would probably send it. Any watchmaker you send the movement to for the repair can get the part without breaking a sweat.

But why bother fixing it without finding a case first?

Reactions: MrRoundel

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
Thank you for the year
Just an update today I received the balance staff installed tested then cleaned and Reassembled now I just need a case

image.jpg image.jpg

Anthony I

Jun 19, 2020
Country
And they wanted me to send this movement to Switzerland to be repaired $$$ all I really needed was you guys(NAWCC)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
S. Attar
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller