ITR Service Instructions

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by gerry_b, Oct 29, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gerry_b

gerry_b Registered User

Apr 28, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have posted 4 ITR Service Documents here:

http://www.tape.net/~ITRDocs/

If you have any documents you can contribute, let me know.

I will also accept links to other sources of ITR/IBM documentation for posting.

Thank you.

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting instructions.I know so little about these clocks.Likely it is not difficult, can one turn the document right side up?

3. gerry_b

gerry_b Registered User

Apr 28, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You should be able to! If you Right Click on the document link and choose to save the file to your computer. Next Double Click the file on your computer to open it in Adobe Reader, and in the "View" menu, there should be a "Rotate Clockwise" option. Since the pages are interleaved for booklet printing, I kept the pages aligned for printing, since skipping around the document to find the next page can be painful :)

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks

G

4. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Gerry, it was right in front of me, must be blind or something, thanks.

5. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good stuff, Gerry. I saw a copy of this on ebay a couple of weeks ago. I have a set from the mid 50's.

6. gerry_b

gerry_b Registered User

Apr 28, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #6 gerry_b, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Harold,

This is probably that set from e-bay. I just wanted to make sure everyone who needs access to the documentation has it available. Especially since neither IBM nor Simplex apparently have the archives anymore. I will be happy to post any of the old documentation on that website, or links to any other known sources. I would hate for this documentation to get lost for all time.

If anyone wants to donate any other IBM/ITR OLD documentation, Please either send me a PDF to be posted, or contact me privately to arrange to either have you mail me a copy, or fax me a copy, and I can convert it into PDF's for posting.

As far as the formatting, since I obtained unbound copies of those documents, I was trying to give people the option to get the documents in the format they were originally distributed in. I will also scan them in a format that will allow side-by-side printing so that you can read through the PDF's or print them in a non-booklet form. Give me a few days.

7. skruft

skruft Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Country Flag:
    It would be great if we could scan all the old master clock instructions and put them up somewhere. There must be thousands of pages on Simplex, IBM and Standard, but so what. Probably no other kind of clock is so dependent on old printed materials. Many folks (and the NAWCC library) have large collections.

8. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    Horologist, Teacher of Horology
    Rural Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks! Are there a few pages missing from the first manual about self corection? I couldn't seem to get the pages to jibe

9. gerry_b

gerry_b Registered User

Apr 28, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good Catch. That document needed help when I received it, and I ended up having to copy/reassemble it before scanning, and had 2 different scans of it. I now have the correct scan posted. Sorry :)

10. Guess Who CJ

Guess Who CJ Registered User

Oct 31, 2009
    Clock Maker
    Vestal NY
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Instead Of buying On ebay you guys can find alot of stuff deep in IBM web Site
    Here is some links
    This stuff was being copied and sold on Ebay when I get more out I'll post on my web site and here, I'm behind on things right now
    My site is under construction
    www.antiquetimeclock.com I've got stuff for all of you FREE Give me time to catch up here are some IBM links I have alot of data stashed away, I'll get it posted, These are great clocks
    http://www.ibm.com/Search/?q=clock&v=16&en=utf&lang=en&cc=us&Search=Search

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/cc/cc_T-112.html

This one is on the clock cornor

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/cc/cc_intro.html

If we all pool together here we could get it all in one place for everyone to use:confused::eek:
    -> posts merged by system <-
    Forgot one here is link for grandfather Master Clocks

zzz

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/cc/cc_118.html

11. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    CJ, too bad their photo gallery doesn't give any information with the pictures, like model numbers, years of production, etc.

12. gerry_b

gerry_b Registered User

Apr 28, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for pointing out the lack of public, online documentation!

That is exactly why I have posted the documents I have publicly, in a non-commercial manner for private use.

I have been through the IBM Clock Corner many times, and the documentation is not there. I have even taken the time to write the IBM Archivist, and they state that they transferred all documentation to Simplex. I wrote Simplex, and they state that anything they may have had went to Kronos when they sold that division to them.

I look forward to seeing what documentation you have scanned in to post! I will link to your documents, if you link to mine! :)

I also realize that many of the service manuals are available in the NAWCC library. I just have not had the time to check them out and scan them in.

I am hoping that people who have the less available documentation/schematics on specific clocks will contact me to make that information available!

Welcome Aboard and Thanks!

13. BILL KAPP

BILL KAPP Registered User

Feb 19, 2002
    Retired Law enforcement/Investor
    Arroyo Grande, Ca
  14. Guess Who CJ

Guess Who CJ Registered User

Oct 31, 2009
    Clock Maker
    Vestal NY
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Harold, Gerry ,And Everyone ,Bare with me, as I come up and dig more stuff out I will make copies and scan of things I get, Yep and IBM sent truck loads to the county land fill, Again getting the Tower dial I posted about lucky ( Lucky it did not go to Land fill)on that I try every day here as I'm 5 miles from there to get people to give up info. Its out there and alot not in this area, as guys retired they moved south, Florida And NC and SC.:(Alot of guys took stuff home but afreid to get in trouble by bringing it out afried to loose retirement Money, Long story, I'll save it for a rainy day
    Gotta run Have a great day:rolleyes::Party::D:pWork waitingzzz

15. gerry_b

gerry_b Registered User

Apr 28, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have added the "Side-by-Side" page printing option PDF's as well as the 1934 IBM Service Manual with 50 pages to the site.

16. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Its too bad so many of these links dont work.

17. matthiasi

matthiasi Registered User

Dec 3, 2010
    Male
    Clock Repair & Restoration
    Kelowna
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I second that.

Maybe someone has a copy of them on their computer and can post them here for download or something.