IBM ITR/IBM master clocks

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Paul Cormier, Oct 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul Cormier

Paul Cormier Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello it has been a while since I have been logged in.I realize Harold Baine is no longer with us he is mist. He had a lot of knowledge about the itr/ibm movements. Right now I am in need of a 36 tooth escape wheel which is in the shorter cased movement.I have a 30 tooth which is used in the long cased movement. Appreciate any help in acquiring a 36 tooth escape wheel . Thanks in advance Paul

Kevin W. likes this.
  2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Paul, yes Harold was a wealth of information on these clocks. If you go on youtube and search ibm clocks, there is a man there that has a web site and a business repairing these clocks, he may have some parts. Sorry i dont remember his name. Its mentioned in a few threads in this forum.

3. Scot Traffis

Scot Traffis Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 8, 2011
    electical tech
    parma oh
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Paul, let me check I might have an extra movement with a 36 tooth wheel. Will let you know later tonight or tomorrow. Scot

4. Paul Cormier

NAWCC Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Scot
    If you have the 36 tooth wheel I have a 30 tooth wheel for exchange. Paul

5. Scot Traffis

NAWCC Member

Apr 8, 2011
    electical tech
    parma oh
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I looked today. I do have a 36 tooth wheel.PM me your address and I will send it to you. If it will work then just send me your wheel. Scot

6. Paul Cormier

NAWCC Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Scot,I tried to PM you I don't know if it worked & yes that will work fine for me thanks again Paul

7. paradise

paradise Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2007
    one of the major things accomplished by winding the clock once a minute, and its intentional and important, is that the spring remains in basically the same position therefor exerting the same torque on the system increasing the accuracy over a simple periodic winding. Thanks to the generosity of Scott Traffis I have been able to reproduce an IBM designed winder that is basically silent using a 1 rpm motor. Frankly, I have 4 weight driven masters and I kind of like the spring jobs better; but I think I'm in the minority

Kevin W. likes this.
  8. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I would need a spring driven IBM clock to compare. As i really like my weight driven master clock.

9. Paul Cormier

NAWCC Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    How does one do a PM to an other member, Paul.

10. Scot Traffis

NAWCC Member

Apr 8, 2011
    electical tech
    parma oh
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Paul, I got your address and the escape wheel is in the mail. Paradise, thanks for the kind words. I hate to see these clocks not running, I have a large supply of parts and like to help out when I can. Scot

Kevin W. likes this.
  11. Paul Cormier

NAWCC Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Again thank you Scot,also to Paradise & Kevin for input. On the itr/ibm I have also two paddle switches attached to the top of the crutch above the escape wheel unlike most of the itr master clocks I have seen they have only one paddle switch on top and two switches about midway on ether side of the front plate. My problem is with the two paddle switch clamps I need to make two new clamps the old ones are broken. That is were i am at this time. Paul

12. Scot Traffis

NAWCC Member

Apr 8, 2011
    electical tech
    parma oh
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Paul,let me look I might have the two clamp blocks you need. They;re not had to make I use to make them for my clocks before I had all these parts. Will let you know tonight or tomorrow if I have them. Scot