It must be coming by a X-15 Warplane.

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Omexa, Apr 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, I just purchased a Tractor exhaust manifold from Winnnipeg Canada; eBay estimated Delivery Fri, 03 May - Wed, 08 May, 4 to 8 Days, to Darwin Australia; not sent yet. Direct Flight, 17 hr 54 min - Travel Time from Winnipeg to Darwin NT. I will see how it goes. Regards Ray

PatH likes this.
  2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Takes two weeks sometimes to get a parcel from USA and we are neighbours.

3. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So this new Big Brother surveillance program they're putting in place in Darwin...
    Is there a way to opt-out?
    Sounds terminally invasive, to me.
    One of those systems where, just getting flagged for something as benign as literally being in the wrong place at the wrong time sets you up for an ever-increasing onslaught of privacy invasions.

4. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    MartinM, I have no idea how your comments relate to Freight Times. Regards Ray

5. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have no idea either what Martin is saying.

6. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've used ebay's gsp to get stuff to Australia, it is actually a good service with an inadequate tracking system. They don't update it to having arrived at the hub until it has left. This leaves you hanging as your responsibility is to get it to the hub, and after that you have no further risk or involvement. It upsets buyers though as they can't see you have done anything until it is on a plane to the destination. This seems to be a more general fault with ebay tracking as often items are shown as delivered on the carriers tracker but only as despatched on the ebay tracker.

Surely in this day and age they could manage the data rather better?

7. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Nick, you are dead right; gsp is pathetic, it goes through too many carriers; Fedex get it and dump it at the Local Post Office and you have to ring them up (Fedex) to get the Australia Post Tracking Number; it happened again last week. USPS and Royal Mail are the best way to get items sent. Unfortunately eBay have conned sellers to use this iffy and expensive service. Regards Ray

8. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  9. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #9 Omexa, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Hi MartinM, for a start I don't buy the NT News because they are now charging to look at it on the Net. I had differences with the Editor and said to him I will get my News from other sources. We in Palmerston, the other Big City in the Northern Territory have a very big problem with youth Crime. Palmerston and Darwin City have for years been using surveillance cameras 24 Hours a Day and any help to reducing the extremely High Crime rate could be a help? Darwin City Council are a bunch of idiots as shown by spending AU$20,000 to paint a Rainbow Street Crossing for Gay people. I have no problem with Gay people and have had friends that are Gay. The Chinese Nation is a Communist Country that has evolved to lots of Billionaires (ex Party Members) and the people are still downtrodden. I forgot to add that the Parking Fines etc. implemented by Darwin City Council have made Darwin City a Commerce Desert and people now go to Regional Shopping Centers to shop where Parking is Free! Regards Ray