Is it possible to transfer letters to glass

Discussion in 'Clock Case Restoration and Repair' started by Alan62, Aug 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alan62

Alan62 New Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hi Everyone, Im in the process of renovating my National Time Recorder clock.
    Most clocking in clocks, has the manufacturers name and address on the glass front, as mind did once, now it is just plain glass.
    I have managed with photo shop, to reproduce the lettering for the front of my clock.
    The problem now is how transfer it to the glass. Can anyone recommend how I can do this?

View attachment 354664

2. mjstewart

mjstewart Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    amazon and others on the internet sell decal transfer paper that can be printed on a laser or ink printer and then transferred to glass or other surfaces. I recall seeing several threads on this board about it. I have I have used this method to make a type of stencil for reverse painting on glass.

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    You can also get the letters cutout in self adhesive vinyl and then use that as a template to spray the letters on.

I have a Silhouette cutter and I produced some self adhesive vinyl masks for a fellow club member to actually paint some letters on the front glass of a clock case.

The Silhouette was marketed to the scrapbooking community and cuts paper, cardboard, cloth and vinyl. I have also used it to make vinyl masks for glass etching.