International Time Recorder question

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by whcureton, Mar 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. whcureton

whcureton Registered User

Oct 27, 2010
    Retired
    Paradise, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My question is about movements in International Time Recording clocks.

I was just looking at an old Forum posting where Harold had been helping a fellow who was asking about a time clock he had found and Harold posted photos of his own time clock, mentioning that it had a Seth Thomas 86 movement. I saw another reference to Seth Thomas movement in a time clock on Savage and Polite's site.

A friend of mine found an ITR Time Clock, actually I believe it a Job Cost or Job Timer type clock. He gave it to me because he knows I like clocks (he got it cheap!) Unfortunately, the verge and springs are gone as is the pendulum so the odds of me finding these parts is going to be slim to none.
    But I am curious about the movement. It is MASSIVE ... unusually thick and heavy duty. It has "030" stamped on the plate above the cannon pinion shaft and "100" stamped on the upper left-hand corner of the plate. Overall, it is shaped sort of like a letter "A" ... I was wondering if this is a
    Seth Thomas made movement ...

I apologize for the terrible quality of the two photos attached but it will at least provide some visual clues, hopefully.

Many thanks,
    - Bill in Northern California DSCN1085.JPG DSCN1086.JPG

2. David J

David J Registered User

Jul 27, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bill:

This movement was made by ITR and is not a ST made movement. I do not think ITR ever used Seth Thomas made movements. Bundy had begun to make their own movements several years before ITR was formed, but I think Willard & Frick was using Seth Thomas made movements in their Rochester card recorder at the same time. However, I have not seen an ITR branded Rochester card recorder with a ST movement.

David

3. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    Horologist, Teacher of Horology
    Rural Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The 100 on the plate probably means 100 beats per minute.

4. Peixian

Peixian Registered User

Feb 29, 2016
    Country Flag:
    really? that is so interesting. haha...