• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

International Time Recorder identification & restoration questions

ETCarlson

Nov 17, 2020
Country
Hello, I'd like to learn more about this clock. It appears to have a serial # which would date it to around 1917-1919, but I'm not sure if that's correct. Also, pendulum is missing & area around the clock face seems to be missing bits as well. It does run when plugged in but it clearly needs to be cleaned/oiled etc. Thoughts about chances for finding replacement parts for restoration? Any information is greatly appreciated. IMG_5362.JPG IMG_5363.JPG IMG_5364.JPG

Scot Traffis

NAWCC Member
Apr 8, 2011
parma oh
Country
Region
your clock being electric wouldn't have a pendulum. It also appears that the dial is a paper replacement. Parts aren't to hard to find just watch auction sites. cleaning isn't too bad just be careful of the mainsprings, they are rather large

Toughtool

Aug 12, 2016
Panama City, FL
Country
If the clock movement has the IBM conversion motor, it will not have mainsprings (unless they left them in for some reason). The synchronous motor drives the clock and print unit. A search on the bay with "IBM time recorder clock parts", will list several parts for this machine. (as of 11/26/2020) (search also "international time recorder clock parts ")

One of the parts is a movement that I think is the time recorder's movement with the conversion motor ( ITR/IBM TIME CLOCK MOVEMENT - ELECTRIFIED/ antique | eBay ) .

This may be of some help. I don't know how close it is to your model. Joe

Last edited: