Interesting repair sticker

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by River rat, Oct 30, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. River rat

River rat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Know this is not the place for clocks but had to post this interesting sticker on this Chelsea Maritime Commission clock I won at a auction in Bozeman MT. Who would think I can still find this stuff out in the boonies.
    HMYXyXo.jpg
    BkQ6ntD.jpg
    This was on the back been a long time since a service . And I guess in the good old days ships clocks got serviced every two years.

2. Paul Regan

Paul Regan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    River Rat, here is the same tag on a Bliss & Creighton Chronometer. It looks like there are two other tags underneath this one.
    Paul

DSCN5316.JPG DSCN5334.JPG

3. River rat

River rat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 4, 2009
    I thought I would bring this post back up. And let's see any type of maintenance sticker for any vintage Nautical instrument service sticker on any of your ships clock or chronometers they seem rare and interesting to me. Here is another I wonder how many Nautical instrument repair and service Co.'s were in the bay area since my two were from two different ones in SF ? and I know they had a lot on the east coast. Would be cool to see European repair stickers.

s-l1600sssw.jpg

4. nonosore

nonosore Registered User

Mar 22, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Hello!

I have a Seth Thomas Mark I used by French Marine Nationale, with sticker and lot of things write one the back.
    5.jpg
    6.JPG

And a Russian chronometer used by an estonian company, with sticker from the company indicated an oil change in 1977.
    8.jpg

5. Paul Regan

Paul Regan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here is one that came with a Bliss I have. I have shown this chronometer before and have since made a lid for this one.

IMG_4315.JPG IMG_4672.JPG IMG_4671.JPG